Pay attention to your first online impression through the design, colors, blog architecture, quality of content, topics, and of course the ultimate landing page: Your About Me introduction. Learn what else can help you to elevate your blogging presence.
Table of Contents
- The Big Hello Moment
- Personal Branding is a Superpower
- Create the Perfect Blog Post
- Build a Topics List
- Get Familiar with SEO
The Big Hello Moment
The About Me Page is the perfect way to introduce ourselves and an opportunity to define the mission of our blog. It’s the ultimate hello moment between the owner of a website (or blog) and the world. Without exaggerating it is the most important page of your website or blog. Read more details in this article.
Personal Branding is a Superpower
Your personal branding is all about how you appear to the world. So you must do it correctly if you want to have a strong authority value for certain services or expertise. People respond to people. People connect with people. And everybody is able to understand, sooner or later, if someone is true or fake. Never underestimate the power of common sense. Read more details in this article: Personal Branding.
The big question is, how can you do this? This list will be your precious guide:
- Make clear how to show your best self.
- Get familiar with your strengths and weaknesses.
- Stand out from your competition.
- Build your “tribe” (others who share the same values).
- Be human , kind and polite.
- Have an established credibility.
- Demonstrate your value with your actions and decisions.
- Have meaningful interactions with others.
- Find your niche.
- Spread your message and values.
- Breath with confidence.
- Able to say no.
- Set the example.
- Become a mentor.
Create the Perfect Blog Post
The need to share one’s passion is the ultimate booster for blogging. Next comes the need to create new ways to earn some extra financial income. Having as motivation, firstly to communicate and secondly to earn money, blogging has become a widely spread activity around the globe.
People want to grow awareness, traffic, new clients, sell their work or services through different types of blogs, such as lifestyle blogs or fashion blogs, business or e-commerce blogs, journals or magazine blogs, and many others. Are you sure that you know how to create the perfect blog post?
Follow these steps and soon you will see amazing traffic:
- Define your Blog’s Interests & Identity
- Pick a topic for your post
- Do keyword research
- Form a headline = Title
- Start writing your copy
- Use relative keyword phrases
- Pick interesting and SEO friendly sub-headers
- Extend your copy above of 800 words
- Keep your copy SEO friendly
- Add relative visuals with descriptions
- Add Header Image with the fitting description, caption, alt text
- Add meta description
- Edit your grammar, syntax and paragraphs.
- Keep sentences short.
- Add internal links
- Add SEO sensitive tags and categories
- Craft a short social media message to introduce your post
- Add social media sharing options
- Optimize your visuals to be social media shareable
Build a Topics List
Create a lake of interesting topics and breathtaking headlines for the following weeks. As you can imagine the topics define which keywords and key phrases we should use throughout the content marketing strategy. Here is a sample of ideas to get your inspiration on the right track:
- Welcome Spring, Welcome March
- 30-Day Blogging Challenge
- How Blogging Made me a Better Listener
- What is blogging?
- WordCamp Europe 2019 Contributor Day
- Women’s Day Giveaway
- 12 SEO Speed Check Up Points
- Women Who Changed the World
- Why You Should Use WordPress
- Social Media Marketing World Conference 2019
- Giveaway Winner Announcement
- Benefits of Guest Blogging
- 30th Anniversary of the World Wide Web
- Blogging Tips for Beginners
- Facebook Down for Almost 24 Hours
- Google Update Florida 2
- Why You Shouldn’t Blog
- Promote your Blog on Social Media
- Why I Love Twitter
- The Next Big Player in Video Games is Google
- How to Plan a Stress Free Wedding
- How to Write the Perfect Blog Post
- The Art of Catchy Headlines is Made by Robots
- Create a Professional Media Kit in 5 Steps
- WordCamp Europe 2019 Speakers Business I
- Philips Wireless Dictation For Bloggers Who Love Coffee Breaks
- 12 Truths to Reach your Blogging Nirvana
- Generosity is the Secret Key to Everything
- Learn to say NO like a Princess
- Vogue is coming back to Greece
Get Familiar with SEO
Yes, Search Engine Optimization is absolutely necessary if you want to reach the top rankings you are dreaming of. Run a daily SEO check-up for these 12 hot points and boost your website’s speed. Search Engine Optimization improvements can reward your efforts with traffic and better SERPs ranking.
- Check Google results often, if you want to have a good sense on how close to your target Market your website or blog is swimming. In some cases, when your content is older than a year, it may need some alterations or even additions with new data & information.
- By adding new paragraphs to existing/published content requires a previous keywords research. Finding the best possible keyword phrases would improve the relevance of your copy. Keywords research needs a continuous adjustments.
- Make it a happit to crawl your blog or website with a pro tool like seositecheckup.com. This tool will point out which parts need attention.
- In case you haven’t already submit your blog or website in Google Search Console, please do it now. Manage search console issues through their panel. In addition, submit your blog’s or website’s sitemap. Don’t neglect Bing and Yandex Webmasters tools. Manage search console issues through their panel.
- Graphic design requirements change from time to time. Try to keep up with the latest trends and eliminate the visual noise. Use basic graphic design rules.
- Add or fix the meta descriptions.
- Add internal linking and fix any broken links.
- Update obsolete information. Check the titles, tags, categories and focus keywords because the duplicate content is the express ticket to the Oblivion Town.
- Add external links. These links have their place in world of SEO and it is believed that linking out to other sites in your industry for reference has a positive effect on SEO.
- Optimize images according to the latest requirements.
- Update plugins and your website’s CMS.
- Go through all the main pages and fix any issues. Don’t forget to delete old revisions in the backend, delete spam comments and check out if the social media sharing buttons are working properly.
You want the love and attention of all Search Engine Spiders that are constantly crawling the texts, links, picture descriptions, and deep data of your blog. Keyword research can provide to your content the indication of relevant and authoritative sources to queries.
- Always use the Google search bar and the given results (SERP) as your starting point.
- Visit the strongest competitors or authorities on the topic and study how they set the reading flow and how they have used the top keywords.
- Install the Free Moz Toolbar.
- Google Trends can help you find top key phrases over time and in specific geolocation.
- Google Keyword Planner. With Keyword Planner, you can find new keyword ideas for your Search Network campaigns that are relevant to your product, service, and target customers. Keyword Planner will show you historical statistics such as search volume data for these keywords so you can decide whether to add them to your campaigns. This article goes over how you can use Keyword Planner to get search volume data and find new keywords that are relevant to your business.
- Google Trends will become your best friend. It is the best tool for finding the top queries with a similar pattern to a target data series.
- SEMrush is a great tool for keyword research but it is free only for a limited period of time.
- For creating amazing questions use the tools Answer The Public.
- Use the given infobox or the box with the “People also ask” as a navigator to your key phrases.
- Optimize and update your articles or posts after any Google update. Every single time!