Filia Mitromara is a well-known Journalist & Editor in Chief of many magazines in Greece. In her presentation, she shared the best Journalism Tips for outstanding Press Releases. The Press Releases Workshop took place at Spaces Theanous in Athens on Monday 9 May 2022.
Topic: Journalism Tips for Press Releases
- What do Editors in Chief expect to see in a Press Release?
- What should an editor do after receiving a Press Release?
- What do Editors absolutely hate to see in a Press Release?
- Tips to improve the viewability of your Press Release from a Chief Editor.
- How do we receive feedback from an editor?
Filia Mitromara was born in Volos. She has studied Journalism and she is a member of the Periodical and Electronic Press Union. She holds the position of Editor in Chief in well-known magazines. She is an experienced journalist with vast experience in the creation and management of various Greek magazines.
She began her career as a staff writer in magazines such as Hello!, Men’s Health, Life & Style and others. She has been the Editor in Chief & editor in health magazines such as Prevention and Shape. She has designed and edited a number of health, fitness, and psychology-related books.
Over the last four years, she has been working in the digital world as a social media manager on health and wellness related to Greek portals like omorfamystika.gr, thriveglobal.gr, boxpharmacy.gr, and isida.gr.
Press Releases Workshop
In five hours all attendees learned how to write outstanding Press Releases. The workshop took place at Spaces Theanous 15, Kerameikos, Athens, on Monday 9 May 2022.
Business owners and entrepreneurs mastered the art of Press Releases. Among the attendees we had:
- Small business owners, who can’t afford to hire a PR Agency.
- Fresh new startup founders with zero experience in Press Releases
- Newbie journalists looking for that extra skill.
- Event organizers looking for ways to gain more exposure.
- Content Creators in need to share big news but haven’t any clue about Press Releases.
Why We Use Press Releases
Press Releases are one of the best tools for marketing your business. Even if you’re a small business, they can help boost your online presence and reach a new audience. Moreover, how you create and distribute your press release matters a lot, too.
While some people see them as nothing more than a hassle, to others (like me) they’re an extremely effective form of promotion that any content creator or blogger, or website owner can take advantage of.
Used correctly, a press release can land you first page rankings in Google for your target keyword, depending on how competitive it is. The thing about them is that if you want your press release to result in the best possible promotion, you need to produce a high-quality one and get it shared on lots of different websites. You also need to make sure that you don’t spam your target audience.
If you’ve never created a press release before, or are just looking for ways to improve yours, then this workshop is the perfect fit for you!