Today, Google is increasingly trying to answer queries in the SERPs within seconds and indirectly is leading us to click further and visit the links that are more relevant to what we are looking for.
But let’s start with the basics. You have a website or a blog or an eshop. Have you made clear what will be the main theme/topic of your digital asset? What need does your website cover?
For example, mine (ideadeco) is providing information about digital marketing, SEO, SEM, social media marketing, web design, digital ethics, digital technology, coding, digital marketing strategy, and seminars.
Knowing your mission makes it easier to understand what keywords to use in order to get the best results and high-quality traffic. You can even talk about a recipe for a cake in a more digital marketing frame if you have set from the beginning which keywords are the ones with the best impact on your digital assets.
Check. Optimize. Repeat. Be an optimization maniac just like me! We want our site and content to improve EVERY DAY! It is the safer and most professional way to manage your visibility online.
We want the love and attention of all Search Engine Machines that are constantly crawling texts + links + picture descriptions and deep data. Deep Keyword research can provide our content with the indication of the relevant source to search machines. Oh yes!!!
Use Keyword Research Tools
SEO-based keyword research is a combination of technical skills, coding, creative thinking, marketing, and discipline. In other words, is a form of art.
It is a good idea to use keyword research tools before you start any optimization on your website or even before creating any post/page/article.
- Always use the Google search bar and the given results (SERP) as your starting point.
- Visit the strongest competitors or authorities on the topic and study how they set the reading flow and how they have used the top keywords.
- Install the Free Moz Toolbar.
- Google Trends can help you find top key phrases over time and in specific geolocation.
- Google Keyword Planner. With Keyword Planner, you can find new keyword ideas for your Search Network campaigns that are relevant to your product, service, and target customers. Keyword Planner will show you historical statistics such as search volume data for these keywords so you can decide whether to add them to your campaigns. This article goes over how you can use Keyword Planner to get search volume data and find new keywords that are relevant to your business.
- SEMrush is a great tool for keyword research but it is free only for a limited period of time.
- For creating amazing questions use the tools Answer The Public.
- Use the given infobox or the box with the “People also ask” as a navigator to your key phrases.
- Optimize and update your articles or posts after any Google update. Every single time!
How do we use Keyword Research
We do the research to find the most suitable and competitive keywords for making the website’s content more SEO friendly at all levels. In the text, the actual meaning, the pictures, the URLs, the links, the breadcrumbs, the social media texts, the hashtags, the titles, and headings.
Now start thinking like your audience. Add features and details that are actually for the use of local, hyperlocal and mobile queries. Now we must consider also the voice search option.
In my case, you will find that most of the time my content offers all possible options to be discovered even by audiences that live on the other side of the planet. My digital services face no geolocation or time limitations, so my content is discoverable even in non-European locations.
Blend in with the winning crowd. Open your eyes and notice how winning players are remaining on the 1st page of Google SERP. Try their approach and find how you can implement their strategy into your action plan. Adapt the algorithm changes as soon as they are announced. Be among the early birds of Search Engine Optimization and soon others will look at your digital records with admiration.
SEO Golden List
RESEARCH is the number one factor to make your website reach the sky.
– Keyword and competitor research.
– Find keywords for your homepage and product pages.
– Keep them organized by product, page, and use.
– Separate popular keywords from long-tail keywords.
– Do not overuse the keyword again, and again, and again!!!
– Define which keywords your competitors use.
– Track down from where your competitors get their inbound links.
– Make a keyword + phrase lake for your Blog posts (yes, you must have a blog).
– Pay attention to the site architecture. UX & UI are crucial. If you have noticed that among your competitors, a certain structure helps to make more sales, then go for it.
– Save time and money by choosing the winning model.
– Now focus on how to make your site look much friendlier and more appealing to prospect customers. Is it photos? Colors? Background? Testimonials? Easy & clear steps?
– Define your target group.
– Make a calendar for your action plan and keep it.
– If your site is on air, then spot any site errors and write down all given suggestions.
– Fix any website speed issues.
– Keep it mobile-friendly. Check your website at Google. It offers a free report: See What To Fix for each section.
– Do on-page optimization regularly.
One Last Tip
Resources to learn SEO: The 25 Best SEO Blogs & Resources to Learn SEO
Pingback: Ideadeco April Blogging Topics – IDEADECO
Pingback: Optimize Your Landing Pages – IDEADECO
Pingback: Ask Me Anything Session #AMA – IDEADECO
Pingback: What should I publish on my new photography blog? – IDEADECO
Pingback: 90 Days of Real Blog Topics – IDEADECO