We are looking for articles that shed light on the biggest challenges new writers face in their first 6 months on Medium. The topic is: Overcoming Challenges the First 6 Months on Medium and the main tag is Overcoming Challenges.
In a few weeks, we are going to reach our first 6 months as new writers on Medium. We thought that many people have gone through the same learning curve during their first 180 days, trying to figure out what works best on establishing a recognizable name among Medium writers.
The First 6 Months
Our aim is to gather around and talk about the ways most of us have tried in order to overcome the first 6 months’ challenges. We’re looking for articles willing to tell a personal story and reveal the pain points. We are not looking for the perfect approach but for true stories with a personal approach.
There is no wrong or right answer, just real humans trying to overcome the not as easy as expected publishing environment of Medium. The main question is:
What are the biggest challenges you faced in your first 6 months on Medium as a new writer?
And some subtopics you may want to cover:
- What you wish you knew and have done differently during your first 6 months on Medium?
- What advice would you give yourself & others regarding the best methods and tools?
- Which was the best writing advice that helped you achieve your writing goals?
- Do you believe that there is a golden shortcut to get noticed by major publications?
- Which Medium writers influenced more your first steps?
- Which Medium article was your go-to-source for dealing with the rising challenges?
- What were your first 6 months’ goals? Did you achieve them?
How to Submit your Article
To submit your article, please read our submission guidelines and for this particular topic please add the following details:
- Follow our submission guidelines
- Use the tags: Overcoming Challenges, First 6 Months, Writing, Life Lessons, Creativity
- Don’t forget to add the main topic kicker: Overcoming Challenges with a link to https://medium.com/ideadeco/tagged/overcoming-challenges
- In the last paragraph please add your short bio up to 150 words, including links to your social media accounts, website, or blog and a link to your best Medium article.
- In case you have forgotten how to add a topic kicker: type Overcoming Challenges above the main title using the small “T” heading and here it is!
Submissions 14/09/2020 until 30/11/2020
Feel free to submit your Overcoming Challenges Story from 14 September 2020 until 30 November 2020. We can’t wait to read them and gradually publishing them until the end of the year.
Let’s stay connected and support each other on this creative journey!
Thank you in advance for your participation,
IDEADECO Submission Guidelines
These guidelines are subject to change at any time so visit this page often. All articles are published as part of the Medium Partner Program, which means you will be paid for your work directly by Medium.
- Tell us your personal or/and business growth story and all the pain points that you had to figure out on your own. Be authentic and give us a good life lesson.
- Love stories or too personal journal-like stories are not a good fit for us.
- Poems or fiction stories are lovely but not agreeable with us.
- Use the type of language your mother would understand and be polite. First-person is good but sometimes you may need to use second-person to keep it the story alive. You decide what’s best for your story.
- We want you to mingle with our audience. Add all your promotions or your links only in the last paragraph of your story.
- In case you are ready to share a practical guide or a well-written exercise, feel free to do so. We love to bridge the gap between theory and action.
- Don’t just tell a story, show us more of the real thing. Add compelling visuals.
- Always give credits for anything you use and it’s not yours.
- Try to send us stories with more than 1000 words. Or be our hero and go beyond. Can you really reach the goal of 3500–5000 words?
- If you don’t follow Medium’s curation guidelines you won’t see any of your stories published on our publication.
- Check your grammar twice before you send us your story or use Grammarly.
- We prefer American English.
- We use the Oxford comma.
- We follow the Associated Press (AP) Style Guide format.
- Always have a good looking title, subtitle, and an appealing cover image.
- We accept only Medium drafts.
- Plagiarism is forbidden.
Please read the complete list of IDEADECO Guidelines.
We accept new articles on Sundays
We accept new submissions only on Sundays. Wait for our reply within a week.
If your story earns our attention then you will see the status of your Medium account* changed from “following” to “writer” for IDEADECO. After that, you only have to submit the story to IDEADECO using the tab “Add to publication” while editing your draft on Medium.
Submit your new article through this form
*Important note: you must create a Medium account in order to submit your draft or article
Frequently Asked Questions
1).How do I start writing on Medium?
Medium: First, make a free account. Then, to create a story, click on your profile picture in the top-right corner of the page, then “New Story.”
2).Do I need to be in the Partner Program to write on Medium?
Medium: No. Joining the Partner Program is free, optional, and you can choose to join or leave at any time. If you are in the Partner Program you can also choose which of the stories you publish are eligible for the Program. For more about the Partner Program, click here.
3).How can I make money writing on Medium?
Medium: If you join the Medium Partner Program, you can earn money based on how much time Medium members spend reading your stories.
4). Who can read the work I publish on Medium?
Medium: Anyone on the internet can read your stories. Even if your story is being distributed in the Partner Program as a part of our metered paywall, anyone can still read a limited number of articles for free each month. If you want to share an un-metered version of your story, you can use a Friend Link.
Visit Medium FAQ page for detailed information.
About IDEADECO Publication
Our brand new IDEADECO Publication on Medium is on air and we will be sharing inspiring new voices navigating into the exciting world of Blogging & Branding.
The team of IDEADECO Publication is dedicated to the Art of Communication. We are driven by the passion of creating the perfect message for your brand, making your blog stand out from the crowd. Being into the blogging and SEO content writing industry for more than 20 years, our mission is based on the principle that communication is the cornerstone of branding.
Our published work earns more than 1.800.000 page views monthly from over 250k unique daily visitors. We welcome new creative minds and writers to submit articles and join our global community.
Pingback: Autumn Vibes Under October’s Full Moon