As we deck the halls and get into the spirit of giving, we’re curious about what inspires your gift choices. That’s why we’ve put together a quick poll and would love your input!
Your opinion is invaluable to us. Whether it’s the charm of traditional TV commercials, the latest trends in holiday newsletters, or the creative spark from DIY blogs & social media posts, your preferences will help us understand what makes “festive content” special for you.
After voting, feel free to share this post with your network or leave a comment about your favorite type of Christmas content. We’re excited to see the diverse sources of inspiration within our professional community.
Thank you for being a part of our festive survey. Your input will not only brighten our holiday insights but also help us tailor better content and suggestions for everyone during Christmas season!
👉 Make Your Voice Heard: Your participation will give us all some fantastic insights into our holiday habits and preferences. Plus, it’s a great way to get into the festive spirit!
Don’t forget to share this post with your friends and family – let’s see what influences their gift choices too!
Interesting Holiday Shopping Statistics
The holiday shopping season, particularly in November and December, has shown some interesting trends and statistics in recent years, especially considering the impact of the pandemic years. Here’s a summary of key findings we gathered for you.
These statistics reveal the dynamic nature of festive content and buying habits, highlighting the significant role of e-commerce, the impact of global events like the pandemic, and changing consumer preferences during the holiday season.
2022 Holiday Shopping Season
- Expected Strong Sales: The season saw in-store sales up by 6.8% and online shopping growing by 9.5% from 2021. Total sales reached $936.3 billion, 5.3% above 2021.
- Consumer Spending Trends: Consumers hoped to spend less on holiday gifts compared to 2021, averaging $907 in 2022.
- Online Shopping Popularity: 87.2 million consumers shopped online on Black Friday, with online and nonstore sales seeing the most significant increase from 2021.
2021 Holiday Shopping Season
- Sales Growth: Total holiday retail sales increased 8.5% from 2020, the largest annual increase in 17 years. E-commerce sales increased 11% from 2020.
- Price Increases: Overall prices increased by 6.8% year-over-year; online prices for apparel increased by 17.3%.
- Loyalty Programs: 81% of consumers shopped specific brands because they were members of loyalty programs.
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday: For the first time in history, online spending during these days decreased by 1.4% from 2020.
- Shift in Consumer Preferences: Consumers shifted their spending back to in-person experiences and out-of-home purchases like travel, dining, entertainment, and fitness.
- Delivery Performance: Shipping carriers delivered packages 90% on time.
- Employment Challenges: Retailers faced challenges in hiring seasonal workers and had to offer increased pay and bonuses
2020 Holiday Shopping Season
- Start of the Season: The holiday shopping season began as early as mid-October.
- Retail Sales: U.S. retail sales in November and December totaled $789.4 billion.
- Percentage of Annual Retail Income: Holiday shopping accounted for 19.5% of total annual retail income.
- E-commerce’s Contribution: Ecommerce was responsible for 25.7% of all retail holiday revenue.
- Popular Items: Barbie and LEGO were top-selling toys ahead of Christmas.
- Shopper Preferences: 85% of holiday shoppers preferred free shipping over expedited delivery, and 79% of shoppers began buying gifts mid-December.
- Online Gift Card Sales: Increased by 106.1% year-over-year in December.
- Cyber Monday 2020: Became the biggest online shopping day in U.S. history, with a total spend of $10.8 billion
Copywriting Agency Survival Guide For Christmas
Let’s unwrap the secrets to not just surviving but thriving during this festive frenzy with our very own “Copywriting Agency Survival Guide for Christmas.”
This guide was formed after 20+ years of operation in the digital marketing and SEO copywriting field. It’s updated every year and it is published for the first time making it accessible for fellow professionals and copywriting agencies.
Now, your copywriting agency can dance through the Christmas season with grace and gusto. Balance those client demands with creative genius and keep the team spirit high. Happy holidays, and here’s to writing merry and bright!
Are you looking for fresh Christmas Content Ideas? Well, Santa asked for our help this year and couldn’t refuse! Here it is… A brand new set of 100 Christmas & New Year Messages for Social Media.
When creating holiday copywriting for social media posts, it’s important to understand the Why, What, How, and When of your content strategy to ensure your messages resonate with your audience and are set to achieve your marketing objectives.