The main goal of a Hotel Content Strategy is to create and distribute content that engages and informs potential guests, promotes the hotel’s brand and values, and ultimately drives bookings.
Use this 90-day content strategy plan for a hotel, already tested in well-known hotels in 12 European countries, including Greece.
Hotel Content Strategy – Phase 1 (Days 1-30)
- Develop a content calendar: Create a content calendar that outlines the topics and themes for each day of the month. Make sure to include important holidays and events that will be taking place during this time, as well as any promotions or specials the hotel is offering.
- Share the hotel’s story: Share the history of the hotel and its significance in the community. Highlight any notable guests who have stayed at the hotel and any interesting facts about the property.
- Showcase amenities: Highlight the amenities that make the hotel unique, such as the spa, fitness center, pool, or restaurant. Use high-quality images and videos to showcase these amenities and encourage guests to book a stay.
- Create destination guides: Create destination guides that highlight popular attractions, events, and activities in the surrounding area. Include information on how guests can get to these destinations and any discounts or special offers available to guests.
- Share guest experiences: Share guest reviews and testimonials to showcase the hotel’s exceptional service and accommodations. Encourage guests to share their experiences on social media and tag the hotel.
- Promote events: Promote any events or special promotions that the hotel is hosting during this time. Use social media, email marketing, and targeted advertising to promote these events and encourage guests to attend.
Hotel Content Strategy – Phase 2 (Days 31-60)
- Focus on sustainability: Share the hotel’s commitment to sustainability and the steps the hotel is taking to reduce its environmental impact. Highlight any eco-friendly amenities or practices, such as recycling programs or energy-efficient lighting.
- Create a virtual tour: Create a virtual tour of the hotel to give guests a glimpse into the property and its amenities. Use high-quality images and video to showcase the rooms, amenities, and common areas.
- Offer exclusive content: Offer exclusive content, such as a behind-the-scenes look at the hotel’s operations or interviews with staff members. This will help guests feel more connected to the hotel and encourage them to book a stay.
- Highlight local cuisine: Highlight local cuisine by sharing recipes or featuring local restaurants in the area. Encourage guests to try these dishes during their stay and provide recommendations on the best places to go.
- Share travel tips: Share travel tips and advice for guests who are planning their stay. This could include information on transportation, packing, or navigating the local area.
- Encourage social media sharing: Encourage guests to share their experiences on social media by creating a branded hashtag and offering incentives for sharing photos or reviews.
Hotel Content Strategy – Phase 3 (Days 61-90)
- Create user-generated content: Create user-generated content by encouraging guests to share photos and videos of their stay. Share this content on social media and the hotel’s website to showcase the hotel’s guest experience.
- Promote seasonal activities: Promote seasonal activities and events, such as holiday celebrations or seasonal festivals. Provide recommendations on the best places to go and the most popular activities.
- Share hotel updates: Share updates on the hotel’s operations, such as renovations, new amenities, or staff changes. This will help guests feel more connected to the hotel and encourage them to book a stay.
- Offer exclusive discounts: Offer exclusive discounts or packages for guests who book their stay during this time. Use targeted advertising and email marketing to promote these offers and encourage bookings.
- Showcase the local community: Showcase the local community by sharing information on local businesses and attractions. Encourage guests to support these businesses during their stay and provide recommendations on the best places to go.
- Create a loyalty program: Create a loyalty program that rewards guests for their stays and encourages them to book again in the future. Use targeted
Daily Content Plan for Hotels
- Day 1: Welcome message and introduction to hotel amenities
- Day 2: Highlight hotel room options and features
- Day 3: Promote hotel restaurant and menu items
- Day 4: Showcase nearby attractions and activities
- Day 5: Share guest reviews and testimonials
- Day 6: Share tips for traveling with children
- Day 7: Offer a discount or special promotion for bookings
- Day 8: Share the history and background of the hotel
- Day 9: Highlight hotel sustainability efforts and initiatives
- Day 10: Share recommended local events and festivals
- Day 11: Offer tips for traveling with pets
- Day 12: Share the hotel’s COVID-19 safety measures and procedures
- Day 13: Highlight hotel spa and wellness services
- Day 14: Share recommendations for local shopping
- Day 15: Offer tips for business travelers
- Day 16: Showcase hotel meeting and event spaces
- Day 17: Share recommended outdoor activities in the area
- Day 18: Highlight the hotel’s fitness center and gym equipment
- Day 19: Share the hotel’s art and decor
- Day 20: Promote hotel room service and dining options
- Day 21: Offer tips for traveling on a budget
- Day 22: Highlight the hotel’s pool and recreational activities
- Day 23: Share recommendations for local nightlife
- Day 24: Share the hotel’s guest loyalty program
- Day 25: Highlight the hotel’s concierge services
- Day 26: Share the hotel’s wedding and honeymoon packages
- Day 27: Offer tips for digital nomads
- Day 28: Promote the hotel’s in-room entertainment options
- Day 29: Highlight the hotel’s airport shuttle service
- Day 30: Thank guests for their stay and invite them to return.
- Day 31 – Highlight your hotel’s location and its unique features and amenities.
- Day 32 – Share photos of your hotel’s pool and highlight its features.
- Day 33 – Share a review from a recent guest.
- Day 34 – Share a behind-the-scenes photo of your hotel’s staff working.
- Day 35 – Share a post about your hotel’s sustainability initiatives.
- Day 36 – Share a photo of your hotel’s fitness center and real-time programs.
- Day 37 – Share a post about the local activities available to guests.
- Day 38 – Share a post about the local restaurants and dining options.
- Day 39 – Share a photo of your hotel’s lobby and highlight its features.
- Day 40 – Share a post about your hotel’s room extra services options.
- Day 41 – Share a post about your hotel’s workshops.
- Day 42 – Share a photo of a guest room and highlight its features.
- Day 43 – Share a photo of your hotel’s dance night.
- Day 44 – Share a post about your hotel’s pet-friendly policy.
- Day 45 – Share a post about your hotel’s event spaces and meeting rooms.
- Day 46 – Share a post about the nearby outdoor activities.
- Day 47 – Share a photo of your hotel’s conference center and highlight its features.
- Day 48 – Share a post about your hotel’s accessibility options.
- Day 49 – Share a post about the local museums and cultural sites.
- Day 50 – Share a post about your hotel’s breakfast options.
- Day 51 – Share a photo of your hotel’s bar and highlight its features.
- Day 52 – Share a post about your hotel’s wedding packages.
- Day 53 – Share a post about the local festivals and events.
- Day 54 – Share a post about your hotel’s solo traveler packages.
- Day 55 – Share a photo of your hotel’s rooftop and highlight its features.
- Day 56 – Share a post about your hotel’s concierge services.
- Day 57 – Share a post about the local parks and nature reserves.
- Day 58 – Share a post about your hotel’s family packages.
- Day 59 – Share a photo of your hotel’s restaurant and highlight its features.
- Day 60 – Share a post about your hotel’s business services.
- Day 61 – Share a post about the local sports teams and venues.
- Day 62 – Share a post about your hotel’s room amenities.
- Day 63 – Share a photo of your hotel’s outdoor seating area and highlight its features.
- Day 64 – Share a post about the local theater and performing arts.
- Day 65 – Share a post about your hotel’s check-in and check-out process.
- Day 66 – Share a post about the local beaches and waterfront activities.
- Day 67 – Share a photo of your hotel’s yoga lessons.
- Day 68 – Share a post about your hotel’s luggage storage options.
- Day 69 – Share a post about the local vineyards and wineries.
- Day 70 – Share a post about your hotel’s airport shuttle service.
- Day 71 – Share a photo of your hotel’s lounge and highlight its features.
- Day 72 – Share a post about your hotel’s housekeeping services.
- Day 73 – Share a post about the local historical sites and landmarks.
- Day 74 – Share a post about your hotel’s cancellation policy.
- Day 75 – Share a photo of your hotel’s spa treatment room and highlight its features.
- Day 76 – Share a post about the local music scene and nightlife.
- Day 77 – Share a post about your hotel’s poolside bar options.
- Day 78 – Share a post about your hotel’s security measures.
- Day 79 – Share a post of your hotel’s last renovations.
- Day 80 – Share a photo of your hotel’s view during sunset.
- Day 81 – Share a post of your hotel’s life coach private sessions.
- Day 82 – Share a photo of your hotel’s gym sessions.
- Day 83 – Share a post about your hotel’s career days and educational programs.
- Day 84 – Share a photo of your hotel’s art collection.
- Day 85 – Share a photo of your hotel’s soap & body care collection.
- Day 86 – Share a photo of your hotel’s massage sessions.
- Day 87 – Share a post about your hotel’s president or CEO.
- Day 88 – Share a photo of your hotel’s team in a group activity.
- Day 89 – Share a photo of your hotel’s employees’ kids’ day.
- Day 90 – Share a photo of your hotel’s pizza night.
Bonus: 30 Weeks Blog Topics for Hotels
Blogging allows you to showcase your hotel’s amenities, services, and unique offerings. This can help differentiate your hotel from competitors and attract potential guests who are looking for specific amenities or experiences.
By regularly publishing high-quality blog content, you can establish your hotel as an authority in your industry. This can help build trust with potential guests and position your hotel as a go-to resource for information about your destination.
As a result of that, by providing valuable information and building trust with potential guests, regular blogging can help increase booking rates for your hotel. When potential guests feel informed and confident about their decision to book with your hotel, they are more likely to convert into paying customers.
- How to Plan a Perfect Staycation: Tips for Hotel Guests
- A Guide to the Best Restaurants Near Your Hotel
- The Benefits of Booking a Hotel Directly vs. Using a Third-Party Site
- Creating a Sustainable Hotel: What Can You Do as a Guest?
- The Top Tourist Attractions to Visit in Your City
- Hotel Safety Tips: How to Keep Your Belongings Safe While Traveling
- Unconventional Hotel Amenities That Make Your Stay More Enjoyable
- The Best Time to Book a Hotel Room and Save Money
- A Guide to Hotel Room Upgrades: When to Ask and How to Get Them
- Pet-Friendly Hotels: How to Find and Choose the Right One
- Tips for Business Travelers: How to Stay Productive on the Road
- The Importance of Customer Service in the Hotel Industry
- Best Practices for Hotel Room Cleaning and Sanitization
- How to Host a Successful Corporate Event at Your Hotel
- The Most Instagrammable Spots in Your Hotel and City
- A Guide to Hotel Loyalty Programs: How to Maximize Your Benefits
- The Benefits of Traveling Solo and Staying in a Hotel
- Hotel Room Decor: Tips for Creating a Comfortable and Stylish Space
- Local Festivals and Events to Attend During Your Hotel Stay
- The Best Hotel Pools: A Guide to Finding Your Perfect Oasis
- The Future of Hotel Technology: What to Expect in the Coming Years
- The Benefits of Staying in a Boutique Hotel vs. a Chain Hotel
- A Guide to Hotel Fitness Centers and Wellness Programs
- How to Choose the Right Hotel for Your Family Vacation
- Exploring Your Hotel’s Neighborhood: Hidden Gems and Must-See Attractions
- Hotel Breakfasts: Tips for Choosing the Healthiest Options
- A Guide to Hotel Spa Services and Treatments
- How to Pack for a Hotel Stay: Essential Items to Bring
- The Benefits of Working Remotely from a Hotel
- A Guide to Hotel Gift Shops: Unique Souvenirs and Local Products to Bring Home.
Never forget that blogging provides an opportunity to engage with potential guests and keep current guests informed about the latest news and events at your hotel. This can help build a community around your hotel brand and increase engagement on your website and social media channels.
Last but not least, consistently publishing high-quality blog content on your hotel website can help boost your search engine optimization (SEO) efforts. Search engines prioritize websites that publish fresh and relevant content, which can help your hotel’s website rank higher in search results and attract more organic traffic.
Blog Sample for Your Hotel
Title – How to Plan a Perfect Staycation: Tips for Hotel Guests
Planning a staycation can be a great way to relax and recharge without the stress of traveling far from home. Book your next staycation at [your Hotel] and enjoy a sweet pause from everything! These tips for planning a perfect staycation as a hotel guest will make your short break an unforgettable experience.
Choose the Right Hotel
When planning a staycation, the hotel you choose will make a big difference in how enjoyable your experience is. Look for hotels that offer the amenities and services you’re looking for, such as a pool, spa, or fitness center. Check out online reviews to get an idea of what other guests have experienced.
Set a Budget
Just because you’re not traveling far from home doesn’t mean you should overspend. Set a budget for your staycation and stick to it. Consider things like the cost of the hotel room, meals, and any activities or entertainment you plan to do. Have you seen our breakfast menu?
Plan Your Activities
A staycation can be a great opportunity to explore your own city or town. Research local attractions and events that you’ve always wanted to check out, and plan your staycation around them. Consider things like visiting museums, trying out new restaurants, or taking a walking tour of a historic neighborhood.
Unplug and Relax
One of the benefits of a staycation is the opportunity to disconnect from the stresses of everyday life. Take advantage of the downtime by unplugging from technology, reading a book, or just lounging by the pool. Make sure you set aside time to truly relax and unwind. Hear our pool music collection.
Indulge in Room Service
One of the perks of staying in a hotel is room service. Treat yourself to breakfast in bed or a late-night snack without having to lift a finger. It’s the little indulgences that can make a staycation feel truly special.
Don’t Forget the Essentials
Just because you’re not traveling far from home doesn’t mean you should forget to pack the essentials. Bring comfortable clothing, toiletries, and any other items you’ll need to feel at home. Check with our hotel to see what amenities we provide in the room.
With these tips, you can plan a perfect staycation as a hotel guest and enjoy all the benefits of a vacation without the stress of traveling far from home. What are you waiting for? Book now!
Are you looking for a personalized Content Strategy Plan for your Hotel?
We know that each Hotel has unique features and deserves the best content plan. Feel free to contact our team for Content Strategy & Copywriting Services fitting entirely your hotel’s goals.