May 27, 2018, is the 15th anniversary of the first WordPress release — and we can’t wait to celebrate!
Let’s have a party and celebrate for having WordPress in our lives! Users, fans, Web Designers, Web Developers, Bloggers and followers all over the world let’s gather together for anniversary celebrations for WordPress’ 15 years.
WordPress Headquarters released some ideas on how we can join in the fun:
- Check the WordPress 15th Anniversary website to see if there’s a party already planned for your town. If there is, RSVP for the party and invite your friends!
- If there isn’t, then pick a place to go where a bunch of people can be merry — a park, a pub, a backyard; any family-friendly venue will do!
- List your party with your local WordPress meetup group (Don’t have a group? Start one!) and then spread the word to other local meetups, tech groups, press, etc and get people to say they’ll come to your party.
- Request some special 15th anniversary WordPress swag (no later than April 27, please, so we have time to ship it to you).
- Have party attendees post photos, videos, and the like with the #WP15 hashtag, and check out the social media stream to see how the rest of the world is sharing and celebrating.
Don’t miss this chance to participate in a global celebration of WordPress!
In honor of the 15th anniversary, WordPress Team has added some special 15th anniversary items in the swag store — you can use the offer code CELEBRATEWP15 to take 15% off this (and any other WordPress swag you buy), all the way through the end of 2018!
Keep checking the swag store, because we’ll be adding more swag over the next few weeks!
Share the fun
However, you celebrate the WordPress 15th anniversary — with a party, with commemorative swag, by telling the world what WordPress means to you — remember to use the #WP15 hashtag to share it! And don’t forget to check the stream of WordPress 15th anniversary posts.
When 30% of the internet has a reason to celebrate, you know it’s going to be great!
Join the conversation by using #WP15 on your favorite social networks.