WordCamp US 2022 is taking place in the Sun, Palm, and Surf rooms, in San Diego California, 9 – 11 September. The WordCamp US schedule contains complete descriptions of the Lightning and Standard Talks, Workshops, Panels, and a Community Track with an engaging topics list.
Gradually WordCamps are returning to in-person events all over the world. The US local WordPress Community is planning to have an amazing WordCamp for 2022. By looking at the schedule of sessions for WordCamp US 2022, visitors are expecting to enjoy an innovative, diverse, and informative collection of topics.
Useful information for the WordCamp US 2022:
- Lightning Talks are 15-minute presentations, quick introductions to topics;
- Standard Talks are 45-minutes and take a deeper dive into subjects; and
- Workshops are longer-format, more interactive, and hands-on than Standard sessions; and
- On Sunday, Community Tracks are an opportunity to directly contribute to WordPress on any of the twenty-one (21) teams
- The complete schedule of WordCamp US 2022
- Find more about the speakers here: Speakers
- Meet the amazing organizing team
WordCamp US (WCUS) returns September 9 through 11, with all three days of programming held at Town and Country Resort San Diego. This mid-century modern landmark was originally built in 1953 and is centrally located in Mission Valley. The venue is accessible by public transit and only minutes from San Diego International Airport, picturesque beaches, hiking, and its laid-back vibe is retro-California cool.
Town and Country Resort San Diego
500 Hotel Circle North
San Diego, California 92108
WordCamp US 2022 Media Partners
Each year, media partners work with WordCamp US to share information about the event and associated initiatives. The official media partners provide unique insights and stories from WordCamp US 2022 to a worldwide audience.
WCUS Media Partners:
- Do the Woo
- Post Status
- The WP Minute
- The WP Weekly
- WP Builds
- WP Tonic
- WPDeveloper, and
- WP Tavern
WordCamp US 2022 Wapuu
SurferPuu (pronounced sir-fur-poo) embodies the spirit of the area’s 70 miles of coastline, its land and marine life-themed amusement parks, beautiful vistas, and pre-dawn surfing in the crystal blue Pacific Ocean during endless sun-soaked days.
- Holds a WordPress aquarium with her pet fish, a tribute to the Birch Aquarium, the public outreach center for Scripps Institution of Oceanography at the University of California, San Diego, which towers high above the coastline;
- Rides a magical dolphin, an ode to the sixties network television series “Flipper”;
- Rocks “Marge Simpson” cobalt blue hair, partial cornrows, and a large silver ring in her ear lobe; and
- Wears vibrant throwback patterned board shorts and a surf leash ready to drop in on a ‘rad barrel’!
Wapuu Origin Story
In 2009, in a response to Matt Mullenweg’s call for ideas to promote WordPress in Japan, the community decided to create a mascot. Two years later at WordCamp Fukuoka (2011), Wapuu was debuted by the talented illustrator Kazuko Kaneuchi and the rest is history.
The illustrator Kazuko Kaneuchi designed the mascot as a free gift to the WordPress Community. These cartoon creatures often accentuate each local WordCamp marking that year’s theme or location.
A Personal Note
After two long years, WordCamp US is back and in person. Although it won’t be possible for me to travel to San Diego this year, most of my friends in San Diego will be among the lucky ones attending the biggest WordCamp event in the US, on September 9-11. Wishing to my friends to enjoy all 44 speakers from around the world who are lined up to talk about everything from accessibility to the WP-CLI. This WordCamp has a lot to look forward to!
The thing that sets WordPress apart from every other CMS is the powerful and dedicated community from all over the world. It is safe to say that WordCamp US 2022 will be a celebration of the WordPress Global Community. But again, which WordCamp isn’t?