Quora is a question-and-answer website where questions are asked, answered, edited, and organized by its community of users in the form of opinions. Its publisher, Quora Inc., is based in Mountain View, California.
Quora was founded in June 2009 by its current CEO, Adam D’Angelo (Quora founder), who had been the former CTO of Facebook, and Charlie Cheever (Quora Co-founder), a Facebook executive who had managed the Facebook Connect platform.
From what they said they chose the name, because it associated with ‘quorum’ or public congregation. They spend a few hours brainstorming and writing down all the ideas that they could think of. The closest competition that Quora had was ‘Quiver’ but they eventually settled on Quora.
Quora’s user base has been growing quickly since 2010. As of April 2017, Quora has claimed to have 190 million monthly unique visitors, up from 100 million a year earlier. Impressive, right?
Quora is the place to seek all the answers!
Many people use Quora to collect information or build their social network or even for the pleasure of reading outstanding opinions by highly educated users.
Quora users can ask anything they want and even invite specific accounts to get their questions. Also they can edit their own answers and run a blog within Quora. It’s an excellent media to create a lake of dedicated followers and friends.
Having an active account in Quora can be a real land of opportunities. You can find interesting people to follow and amazing topics for your blog posts. It is true that inspiration flows effortlessly inside Quora!
Why use Quora?
For content creators is the perfect place to shout out their work. Besides that you can also build a circle of network around your name that can add value to your personal brand as a professional blogger.
Even if you don’t want to boost your personal brand, nevertheless Quora can drive huge traffic to our website or blog. Try to engage at least once a week for a couple of hours by answering 1-2 questions. This will help you stand out and establish an authority quality in your niche. It is clearly beneficial for your SEO strategy and SERP rankings.
Do you want to use Quora but you don’t know how to start? This fellow wrote an easy to read guide on how to create a Quora account. Have a quick look and thank me later!
The most followed questions on Quora
As of 11 April 2019 some of the most followed questions on Quora (with more than 2000 followers) are:
- What can I learn/know right now in 10 minutes that will be useful for the rest of my life? (40k followers)
- How do top students study? (22.5k followers)
- What are some books that expand our mind? (16.8k followers)
- What are some of the must-see TED talks? (13.3k followers)
- How do I get started using Quora? (12.7k followers)
- What are the best new products or inventions that most people don’t know about? (12k followers)
- Why are so many companies changing their logos to flat designs? (11.2k followers)
- What are some great mind-blowing books? Why? (10k followers)
- What are some of the best ways to learn programming? (9.6k followers)
- What are some must read books for people in their 20s? (9.3k followers)
- What are some useful skills I can learn in minutes? (8.8k followers)
- What can I learn in one minute that will be useful for the rest of my life? (8.6k followers)
- What are the most surreal places to visit? (8.5k followers)
- How can you learn faster? (8.5k followers)
- What are some mind-blowing facts that sound like ‘BS’, but are actually true?(8.3k followers)
- What are the most amazing photos you have ever taken? (7.7k followers)
- What books should entrepreneurs read? (7.5k followers)
- What are some of the most mind-blowing facts? (6.9k followers)
- What should every foreigner know about your country in terms of food, tourist destinations, demography, best time to visit, and USP of your country? (6.6k followers)
- Why are answers on Quora collapsed? (6.1k followers)
- What is a secret which you would not tell anybody in real life, but would on Quora using anonymity? (6k followers)
- What are the most inspirational quotes you have come across? (5.9k followers)
- How do I study with focus and concentration and avoid distractions and procrastination? (5.9k followers)
- What are the most upvoted answers on Quora? (5.7k followers)
- What is the most inspiring sentence you have ever heard or read? (5.5k followers)
- What are some time-saving tips that every Linux user should know? (5.3k followers)
- What’s the best way to increase productivity? (5.3k followers)
- What is the funniest joke you’ve ever heard or read? (5k followers)
- What are the most inspiring short stories? (4.9k followers)
- What are the most common mistakes first time entrepreneurs make? (4.9k followers)
- What are the most profound jokes ever? (4.8k followers)
- What are some examples of bad design? (4.8k followers)
- What’s something that is common knowledge at your workplace, but would be mind-blowing to the rest of us? (4.5k followers)
- What are some of the interesting facts about India? (4.1k followers)
- What are some mind-blowing facts about social psychology? (3.8k followers)
- What are some must have Android apps? (3.8k followers)
- What are the top websites computer science students must visit? (3.7k followers)
- What life lessons are counter-intuitive or go against common sense or wisdom? For example, being loud and obnoxious is surprisingly useful/effective most of the time. (3.4k followers)
- What are the best resources (sites, books, or tutorials) for learning programming? (3.4k followers)
- Why does Quora use MySQL as the data store instead of NoSQLs such as Cassandra, MongoDB, or CouchDB? Are they doing any JOINs over MySQL? Are there plans to switch to another DB? (3.3k followers)
- What are some books that you wish you had read earlier that have had an impact on your life? Why? (3.34 followers)
- What are key strategies to acquire first 100K users with zero marketing budget? (3.3k followers)
- How can I become an effective product manager? (3.2k followers)
- What are some startup ideas that frequently fail? (2.9k followers)
- What are some things every Indian should know about Indian history? (2.9k followers)
- I am creative, intelligent, innovative, and philosophical. But I find it incredibly hard to actually get something done. How can I also become a doer? How can I find a balance between doing and thinking? (2.8k followers)
- What is the most profound yet short/brief sentence, phrase, motto, nugget of wisdom, aphorism, epigram, or quote you’ve ever heard or read, and why?(2.7k followers)
- What are the most valuable things everyone should know? (2.6k followers)
- What’s the creepiest thing that has ever happened to you or creepiest thing you’ve ever seen? (2.5k followers)
- What are some things that neuroscientists know but most people don’t? (2.5k followers)
- What interesting thing did you read today? (2.4k followers)
- What are some mind-blowing facts about Google? (2.4k followers)
- What is the difference between UX and UI designer and web designer? (2.3k followers)
- What cool or useful skills can be learned in five minutes? (2.3k followers)
- What are some blogs and sites a new start-up should send press releases to? It’s hard to get coverage for new startups. (2.2k followers)
- What are the most mind-blowing tricks used during any war? (2.1k followers)
- Does God exist? (2.1k followers)
- What books are on your “must read” list for web startups? (2k followers)
- What are the most followed questions on Quora? (1.9k followers)