What is Keyword Research
The SEO Golden List is based on one crucial factor. If you want to build a strong and solid website then you must master the KEYWORD RESEARCH. As a matter of fact, you should adopt the element of research for every aspect of your website or blog.
Learn how to use Keywords successfully. Attract the love and attention of all Search Engine Spiders and put your website at the top. The right Keyword research can provide to your content the pleasure of leading the listings of relevant and authoritative resources. Cheers to that! – Areti Vassou
Google Rules Keywords
Today, Google is increasingly trying to answer queries in the SERPs within seconds and indirectly is leading us to click further and visit the links that are more relevant to what we are looking for.
But let’s start with the basics. You have a website or a blog or an eshop. Have you made clear what will be the main theme/topic of your digital asset? What need does your website cover? For example, mine (ideadeco) is providing information about digital marketing, SEO, SEM, social media marketing, web design, digital ethics, digital technology, coding, digital marketing strategy and seminars.
Knowing what is your mission makes it easier to understand what keywords to use in order to get the best results and high-quality traffic. You can even talk about a recipe for a cake in a more digital marketing frame if you have set from the beginning which keywords are the one with the best impact for your digital assets.
Check. Optimize. Again. Check. Optimize. And again. Check. Optimize. Be an optimization maniac just like me! We want our site and content to improve EVERY DAY! It is the safer and most professional way to manage your visibility online.
We want the love and attention of all Search Engine Spiders that are constantly crawling texts + links + picture descriptions and deep data. Keyword research can provide to our content the indication of relevant and authoritative to queries. Oh yes!!!
There are single keywords and key phrases keywords that vary in quality and traffic results. Let’s go throw a keyword research about this particular topic [keyword research + seo]. Type the words and wait for the results:
22.500.000 are a huge number of results and quite impossible to compete, right? Let’s try a different angle of research… more niche-like.
Isn’t that better? Having 6.680.000 results makes it doable to play and win in this topic.
Now scroll down at the bottom of the page and notice what extra phrases are given by Google and which of them are more relative to our research/topic.
This is pure gold. You are looking at the most high ranking keywords and key phrases regarding this topic. Write down all of them, open the links, study them carefully and then start writing your article or post. Remember to use these precise keywords and key phrases in your content.
Have a look at my first title and in the first key phrase. They are identical. For a very good reason. Offering a fresh and informative (+1000 words) answer for this topic I am attracting the attention of all the hungry crawl machines. Feed the spiders!!!
Use Keyword Research Tools
SEO based keyword research is a combination of technical skills, coding, creative thinking, marketing, and discipline. In other words is a form of art.
It is a good idea to use keyword research tools before you start any optimization on your website or even before creating any post/page/article.
- Always use the Google search bar and the given results (SERP) as your starting point.
- Visit the strongest competitors or authorities on the topic and study how they set the reading flow and how they have used the top keywords.
- Install the Free Moz Toolbar.
- Google Trends can help you find top key phrases over time and in specific geolocation.
- Google Keyword Planner. With Keyword Planner, you can find new keyword ideas for your Search Network campaigns that are relevant to your product, service, and target customers. Keyword Planner will show you historical statistics such as search volume data for these keywords so you can decide whether to add them to your campaigns. This article goes over how you can use Keyword Planner to get search volume data and find new keywords that are relevant to your business.
- Google Correlate is a tool that Google rolled out in 2011. It is a tool on Google Trends which enables you to find queries with a similar pattern to a target data series.
- SEMrush is a great tool for keyword research but it is free only for a limited period of time.
- For creating amazing questions use the tools Answer The Public.
- Use the given infobox or the box with the “People also ask” as a navigator to your key phrases.
- Optimize and update your articles or posts after any Google update. Every single time!
Keyword Research for SEO
We do the research to find the most suitable and competitive keywords for making the website’s content more SEO friendly at all levels. In the text, the actual meaning, the pictures, the URLs, the links, the breadcrumbs, the social media texts, the hashtags, the titles, and headings.
Now start thinking like your audience. Add features and details that are actually for the use of local, hyperlocal and mobile queries. Now we must consider also and the voice search option. In my case, you will find that most of the times my content offers all possible options to be discovered even from audience that live on the other side of the planet. My digital services face no geolocation or time limitations, so my content is discoverable even in non-European languages.
Keyword Research and SEO, SMO, SEM & SMM
- SEO: Search Engine Optimization
- SMO: Social Media Optimization
- SEM: Search Engine Marketing
- SMM: Social Media Marketing
- SERP: Search Engine Page Results
What do they have in common? All of them are sensitive to the keywords lake. For example: I am a Digital Marketing and SEO Expert. Should I use in my keyword + content strategy phrases or words related to cars? If I don’t sell cars I should better avoid all car’s terminology and topics. My target audience will find boring my love for speed cars. My target audience swims in a different lake of interests.
That said, now it is obvious that everything we publish or post or comment should adopt the main keywords if we want to be at the top of the digital marketing advanced game. Keywords are the bones of all successful content marketing strategy out there.
Blend in with the winning crowd. Open your eyes and notice how winning players are remaining at the 1st page of Google SERP. Try their approach and find how you can implement their strategy to your action plan. Adapt the algorithm changes as soon as they are announced. Be among the early birds of Search Engine Optimization and soon others will look at your digital records with admiration.
Bonus SEO Tip on Keywords
How do you search for keywords in a document?
Click on EDIT in the FILE menu and then FIND, a box will open, allowing you to enter your keyword. You can save time if you do this often by using the keyboard shortcut CTRL + F which will open the SEARCH box. And that’s all.
SEO Golden List
RESEARCH is the number one factor to make your website reach the sky.
– Keyword and competitor research.
– Find keywords for your homepage and product pages.
– Keep them organized by product, page and use.
– Separate popular keywords from long tail keywords.
– Do not overuse the keyword again, and again, and again!!!
– Define which keywords your competitors use.
– Track down from where your competitors get their inbound links.
– Make a keyword + phrase lake for your Blog posts (yes, you must have a blog).
– Pay attention to the site architecture. UX & UI are crucial. If you have noticed that between your competitors, certain structure helps to make more sales, then go for it. – Save time and money by choosing the winning model.
– Now focus on how to make your site look much friendlier and appealing to prospect customers. Is it photos? Colors? Background? Testimonials? Easy & clear steps?
– Define your target group.
– Make a calendar for your action plan and keep it.
– If your site is on air, then spot any site errors and write down all given suggestions.
– Fix any website speed issues.
– Keep it mobile friendly. Check your website at Google. It offers a free report: See What To Fix for each section.
– Do on page optimization regularly
View this post on Instagram
The SEO Golden List. The most important factor for building a strong and solid website is RESEARCH. – Keyword and competitor research. – Find keywords for your homepage and product pages. – Keep them organized by product, page and use. – Separate popular keywords from long tail keywords. – Do not overuse the keyword again, and again, and again!!! – Define which keywords your competitors use (it is a good idea to install the Free Moz Toolbar). – Track down from where your competitors get their inbound links. – Make a keyword lake for your Blog posts (yes, you must have a blog). – Pay attention to the site architecture. UX & UI are crucial. If you have noticed that between your competitors, certain structure helps to make more sales, then go for it. Save time and money by choosing the winning model. – Now focus on how to make your site look much friendlier and appealing to prospect customers. Is it photos? Colors? Background? Testimonials? Easy & clear steps? – Define your target group. – Make a calendar for your actions plan and keep it. – If your site is on air, then spot any site errors and write down all given suggestions.(ask kryptton.com or ideadeco.co experts) – Fix any website speed issues. – Keep it mobile friendly. Check your website at Google. It offers a free report: See What To Fix for each section. – Do on page optimization regularly!!! . . #SEO #aretivassou #IdeaDeco #digitalmarketing #SEM #socialmedia #google #seosem #seoexpert #contentmarketing #marketingstrategy #digitalnomads #digitalstrategy #techlover
How to improve web pages?