Google is a digital technology giant! Google LLC is an American multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products. By that, we mean that Google products & services include online advertising technologies, search, cloud computing, software, and hardware.
- Founded: September 4, 1998, Menlo Park, California, United States
- CEO: Sundar Pichai (Oct 2, 2015–)
- Headquarters: Mountain View, California, United States
- Subsidiaries: YouTube, Nik Software, AdMob, Google Japan and more…
- Founders: Larry Page, Sergey Brin
- Parent organization: Alphabet Inc.
Google is the Best Search Machine
It feels good when you can easily find what you are looking for. If you play into Google’s playground then knowing Google Search Machine secrets can make your workflow smooth.
Google now processes over 40,000 search queries every second on average, which translates to over 3.5 billion searches per day and 1.2 trillion searches per year worldwide.
Google Searches today: 2,580,082,552
Google updates their search algorithm regularly to provide most relevant search results. If you are a frequent user of Google Advanced Search you are already using the given search tips. But if you are not familiar with Google Advanced Search then take 10 minutes to read the following guide.
Search by File Type (filetype)
Let’s set an example: if you need to do research about a topic but you want to read only PDF sources, then type:
learn email marketing filetype: pdf
Here it is… only PDFs to your disposal:
Search by Specific Website
You know where to find the most trustworthy information but you are not sure where exactly it is within a specific website. If you have no idea how to track the relevant information into a website, just type the following query on google search machine bar:
learn digital marketing site: socialmediaexaminer.com
Tataa… here are the results:
Search Like a Pro
You know the title or part of the URL, and you want only results that contain the exact words? Then go for it by typing the following:
- allintitle: digital marketing
With this trick, you will get all results containing this keyword:
- allinurl: digital marketing
Now you have in front of you all results containing your keyword in result URL:
- allintext: digital marketing strategy
And now your screen provides you all the sources containing your keyword in search Text:
- allinanchor: digital marketing strategy plans
And you are free to choose which anchor* links you prefer:
[*Reminder: An anchor link is a link on a page that brings you to a specific place on that page. Anchor links can be helpful when you want to bring a website visitor to a specific spot on a page.]
Search Without Distraction
You are typing “marketing” but Google Search Machine keeps bringing back results not relevant to what you are looking for? Type:
You will get results that provide clear definition about marketing. Just pick the one you need and read it. If you want to narrow down the results, then try to use the AND + OR operator. For example:
marketing AND online courses
marketing OR digital marketing
- Search with an exact phrase and make your life easier! Put quotation marks around words “[any word]” to search for an exact phrase in an exact order.
- Find related pages by using the related: operator to find pages that have similar content. Type related: followed by the website address.
- Search numbers in a range.
- Ignore or include specific words in your search.
Search WEB History
Go through to all of the websites you’ve visited, a timeline of your actions and the ability to search your own online history. Try it out at www.google.com/history.
If you are in love with cooking you will adore this: after searching for a specific recipe or ingredients, select “Recipes” in the left panel to see recipe results.
- Get local sunrise/sunset times
- Discover local business
- Search locations by zip and area codes
- Search for an address
- Search by location
- Locate earthquake activity
- Search by advanced image search
- Calculate anything
- Search Scholar
- Read public domain books
- Shop and compare
- Get movie times
- Check flight schedules
- Research health conditions
- Find medication information
- Get world news
- Search similar terms
- Search by voice
- Examine public data
- Get interactive financial info
- Get interactive weather
Visit Google Tips & Tricks List and thank me later!